Cedar Lodge Prides itself as one of the best teaching facilities in the Midwest. It’s close affiliation with Camp Cedar Lodge allows it to keep both a large school string, and a diverse teaching staff year around. With the addition of both a middle school and high school IEA competition team and it’s connection to Kalamazoo College for both weekly lessons and an IHSA competition team, CLS is busy all year long! CLS lessons are geared towards establishing what each rider has as goals and helping them to acheive what they hope to accomplish in a safety and positive enviorment.
Interested in riding lessons? Email us at [email protected] or call us at (269)674-8072
• 4 outside rings (3 with different level jumps) and spacious indoor riding arena
• Ages 5 on up regular lessons
• Younger age programs offered in assisted ride program
• Teaching all levels from Beginner to Advanced.
• English riding and Jumping only
• 5 year around instructors offering lessons at different levels
• Diverse school string of 40 horses
• IEA and Kalamazoo College IHSA team for students in grades 4-12
• Multi level Vaulting program for beginner to competition level. Group lessons given 2 times weekly
Students are expected to groom and tack their own horses, and students that do not know how are taught as part of their initial lessons.
1 hour group: $45.00
1st time evaluation ride: $45.00
1 hour private: $65.00
1/2 hour private: $50.00
1 hour semi-private : $55
Practice ride (up to 45 minutes must be in regular lessons): $30
- Lessons can be paid for by check, cash, credit card (with 3.5% charge), or by bank account through quickbooks.
Click here to view our lesson policy form (must be signed at time of first ride, renewed every March)
Click here to view our waiver release (must be signed at time of first ride, renewed every March)
Interested in beginner riding lessons? Sign up here!
The minimum age for all horse riding activities is 5 years of age, except lead line and vaulting. For younger than 5 year olds, we offer Mini Me and Lead line classes. The minimum age for lead line and vaulting lessons is 2 years of age.
2-6 yr. olds 45 minute lesson includes grooming, horse care and lead line riding lesson. Must be accompanied by someone over 18 years old.
Price: $ 45.00
Call for references or to book an appointment: Chris Cochrane(269)674-8072 or [email protected]
Cedar Lodge offers Birthday parties with a animal theme. Pony rides, vaulting (gymnastics on horse back) or farm animal petting zoo are all a possibility. Chose to put up your steamers and serve your cake at our historic lodge, or if the weather is sunny, perhaps you would prefer to host your celebration at our scenic totally private lake. Contact [email protected] or call (269)674-8071 for more information and pricing.